Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tip of the Week #5

Is it just me or do you always have a handful of Diapers a size smaller than what your lil is in??
I have given a few to friends but
somehow I keep finding a few here and there.
Then my wonderful aunt posted something on Facebook that confused the heck out of me.
She said "Have a horrible Migraine :( Luckily I found some newborn diapers to make Ice Packs!"(mind you her son is 9 HA)
I had NO idea what she meant,
newborn diapers = Ice pack WHAT?? (and why did she have them still!?!)
Then she explained and boy is it GENIUS!!(and she had newborns because she babysat a friends baby hehe)
Pretty simple
Take a CLEAN (cant stress that one enough!)Diaper
and about a cup of water (give or take depending on the size of diaper, I'm using a Size 4)

Fill the diaper with water
(I was going to add a picture but it just looked like a loaded diaper and it grossed me out HA)

Pop it in the freezer

and in a few hours you have a totally awesome ice pack

BUT WAIT! There's more!!!

With pretty much any injury you want to do heat and ice 20 on 20 off.
So now we need a heating pad? NOPE GRAB ANOTHER DIAPER!!!
Fill it with water (again depending on what size diaper for how much water)
and pop it in the microwave.

Now I'm a super freak when it comes to things catching on fire.
(okay Im OCD DON'T JUDGE!)
It freaks me out to put anything in the Microwave that is not supposed to go in there.So I just put it in for 30 seconds at a time until I get the temperature I want.

Let me just tell you, I hurt my neck last week SUPER bad (been going to the gym a lot lately and that's what we think did it)I was in a ton of pain and these Diapers SAVED MY LIFE! okay okay not literally, but helped sooth my pain. it was so nice because they could be shaped to what I needed and they were soft (unlike real ice packs)

Genius right!? Big thanks to our awesome Aunt Amanda! (YOU ROCK!!) Hey maybe one day she will guest post for us! She has all sorts of AMAZING ideas from organization tools to interior decoration (that's her profession) to amazing Momma Ideas. Hummmm, that's going to be something I need to talk to her about!


No comments:

Post a Comment