Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My worst nightmare

So this is a post that I DIDNT want to write, Why? Because
I'm humiliated
I'm mortified
I'm ashamed
I'm scared

of what...
my weight...
Before I got pregnant I had gained a few
(and by a few I mean WAY TO MUCH) Since high school (almost 50 lbs) I was working out and being active but being comfortable in a relationship, (okay and maybe drinking and partying a little too much and being on the pill) Well, I'm sure you know how easy it is to
Lose control of your weight.
I had lost control of my weight and BAD
THEN

I got Pregnant. I dont know my exact weight but Im guessing I broke 200 right around the time we conceived
(I want to cry just thinking about that)
(That's my awesome parents and I was wearing high heels in not that tall!Im only 5'6)
but do you see how big I was !!???!!!! UGH
By the time I went in to the hospital I was 242lbs DO YOU REALIZE HOW BIG THAT IS!!??!
UUUUUUGH.... Then I had Baby girl... and granted I lost a lot of it... But I was still at 215lbs and a size 18, being over 200lbs was killing me. I was the athlete the one in shape that had a great athletic body and I felt like a flabby mess. I went to the Drs and was prescribed Phentermine. I lost 15lbs (so 200lbs) but it stopped working and then I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism which meant losing weight was difficult (felt like it was impossible)
But I didn't want to give up, I knew I could be happy with my body, I KNEW I needed to work out... BUT HOW?
Then I found my life saver
Running....
Now I know so many of you are going to say "I cant run" "I hate running" and that was SOOOOOO me but I found Couch to 5K
It has CHANGED my life...
I finished my first 4.2 Mile Race on April 16,2011 with My Dad Brother and Husband (and a friend)

I was hard, I cried many times. But I stuck with it... I lost 20 lbs in 9 weeks and I am in a size 13 again! Now I weigh less than I did when I got Pregnant!! I still have 20 lbs I want to lose (30 actually but Im setting my goal at 20 for now)
(Im in the Yellow shirt and that's my gorgeous and motivational friend Kathryn!)
So there I did it.. I shared my worst nightmare... I'm scared to death of what people will say I'm scared of Anonymous comments because I have read some really mean ones... but I want to be honest, I want to maybe help someone. And truthfully I wouldn't mind someone saying "Hey Im in the same boat! Lets be friends and we can help each other!!"

How did you lost weight or overcome your
worst nightmare?


No comments:

Post a Comment