Friday, June 17, 2011

Dear 16-year-old Me,

I saw this video this morning and thought this was too important not to share.


When I was 16, I'd go to the beach with tanning oil instead of sunscreen. I would even use tanning beds during the Spring in order to 'prep my skin' for a Summer full of laying in the sun. Looking back I realize that 35 SPF would probably have been a wiser choice than the dark tanning oil SPF 4 that I would buy. Even today putting sunscreen on is an after thought unless I'm going to the beach or the lake. Silly me forgets that the sun is out every day even if I'm only washing my car or at the farmers market. I rarely burn and I tan easily, but I know that doesn't mean I am immune to skin cancer.

Looking back there are a few things I'd tell the 16-year-old-me like don't waste another second dating losers and take school seriously! What would you tell your 16-year-old-self?

No comments:

Post a Comment