Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hurtful words..

Still trying to stay afloat and be postive.
It's been really hard lately. 
Peoples words keep swirling in my head. 
Ya know those words some people say... 
That make scratch when they say it...
and as time goes on..
it grows in to a gaping sore 
No matter how much you think its not true.. 
It's still only in the back of your head..
You see, I'm a photographer. 
I have loved Photography since I was little
I remember my parents giving me their old canon. 
no auto focus.. 
no zoom..
I LOVED that thing...
I wanted to go to school for it..
but decided a more stable major would be best...
Now I have the support of my amazing husband I started 
I'm not trying to get rich
I'm not saying I'm amazing. 
But I try my hardest..
I work my butt off...
I love what I do.... 
But there's this one comment from someone...
a friend
that I cant get out of my head.
She said that my pictures look
"Like anyone can do them" 
I don't know why it bothers me so much..
But I cant get it out of my head....
I keep going back and forth... 
am I really not good?
Do my pictures really look like anyone can do it
I'm all for constructive criticism but is that really constructive and am I being overly sensitive??
I hate that my posts lately have been so negative... 
I'm sorry... I kinda feel like this is my only outlet....

2 comments:

  1. this day and age everyone seems to think they know something about photography. most who feel that way do not know that it is more than taking a picture. you are just starting out, you are doing more than taking a picture. the editing and processing is mind blowing to me. and if you can even slightly capture a moment now, imagine what you will be! anyone can take pictures, it is true. but not everyone can capture and create a memory. its an art. and I honestly do not know your work well but, i know what it takes to be a good artist. desire and willingness to improve. you have it, so take those words and prove that person wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel That means a lot to me :) - Sharleanna <3

    ReplyDelete