Sunday, June 12, 2011

Candidas

I recently had to go on the Candidas Diet. We had taken little M to a holistic doctor in Santa Monica to see if we could remedy his spitting up and his low (but steady) weight gain. During Dr. Karlin's testing we came to find out that little M has Candidas. I was on so many antibiotics because of the C-section that they had killed off any and all of the good bacteria in his digestive track. The solution? I had to go on the Candidas Diet and we both had to start taking probiotics. If you've never heard of the Canididas Diet, take a second and look at it here : The Candida Diet. It's tough. The first few days are the hardest, especially if you are like me and have a sweet tooth. My next few posts will be a few recipes that are sugar-gluten-dairy-yeast-free!

Though it's been a challenging 3 weeks, the benefits make it worth it. I lost 12lbs of baby weight!! Only 8 more to go and I'll be at my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment