Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Stocking Holders DIY

This is the very first Christmas that we are spending in our home.  I didn't even decorate the last three years, because we were in the middle of moving or in the middle of remodeling our house.  Well this year is different.  :)  We bought our first Christmas tree together and decorated it last night when Baby M was asleep.  We also have a fireplace in our living room so I am attempting to make our Christmas stockings this year.  They aren't done yet, but I'm hoping to post a picture by the end of the week. In the mean time, I've been searching for cute stocking holders to put on our mantel.  I didn't find any I really liked and the ones that were just OK were at least $10 each! I have other things I'd rather spend $40 on right on.  So today I made our stocking holders! And it only cost me $15 for all four of them! 
 Weighted Stocking Holders from Walmart $6 each
 Ornaments from Michael's 60% off!
 5 minutes and a little fancy craftsmanship with a hot glue gun...
....and VOILA! Done! That's one more thing I can check off my TO DO list.  {ignore the bare wall above the fireplace, we haven't gotten any Christmas cards yet, so it's only our own up there right now}

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip! I would love some cool iron ones some day, but it's not it the budget right now. The last few years we've used command hooks, which work great, but are not so pretty! I'll have to check out walmart!

    ReplyDelete