Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Little Green Monster..

So recently I have been kinda down.
I know its related to my Hypothyroidism
I'm off the medication right now,
and getting tested to get back on it...
Which means I have gained weight despite my best efforts..
(8 lbs to be exact)
and its really taking its toll on me.
I don't have energy to run but I started running again last night
my skin is so dry its painful (and I put lotion on multiple times a day!)
I'm an emotional wreck lol
just to name a few things..
so because I'm feeling bad all around
I (assuming most people do this) start comparing my life to others.
To the single girls that doesnt work but somehow gets everything she wants
To the other families that buys a new car whenever they get bored of the current one
Or the families that go out to eat EVERY NIGHT...
The mommies that seem like they are doing better than me raising their babes..
(and of course I'm reading all this on Facebook LOL)
The couples that look like life is PERFECT 
Then it kinda hit me last night...
Everyone only puts the good on Facebook (heck I do too!)
and I know that, that girl that gets everything is also really lonely
and the families that buys the cars and eat out everynight, both parents work
leaving someone else to raise their child...
the mommies that seem like they are doing better... they have their off days too..
and the couples... we all know that perfect couples don't exist.
So why do I compare?
I have an AMAZING relationship with Mr. N... we really don't ever fight. We have our issues yes but we talk instead of blowing up at each other (more Mr. N's doing than mine lmao)
Mr. N has an awesome job that lets me stay at home with baby girl.
I do a lot with baby girl too. I think I am doing the best job I can possibly do
We laugh, we play, we snuggle, we learn new things. I try my hardest to be the best momma possible.
We might not have the extra cash to go out to eat every night, or to buy the newest car 
I have a pretty AMAZING life... So go away green monster... I'm not going to COMPARE my life to anyone else's anymore. "Comparison is the thief of Joy" - Anonymous.. I need to remember that..

2 comments:

  1. Facebook. Ugh. I have a love/hate relationship with that site. I post both the good and the ugly on my personal account. When my kids are acting up the whole world knows about it! haha

    You just have to take it one day at a time. Like you said, we all have our off or down in the dump days. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Lacey it is a love/hate relationship.

    Thanks for the blog love :) - Sharleanna

    ReplyDelete